In recent years, pellet fish feed is widely employed in fish
feeding, which brings good economic benefit to fish farmers.
However, fish feed is a major expenditure for fish farmers. In
order to reduce the cost, making fish feed pellets by themselves is
always what farmers are first concerned. If you would like to make
fish pellet by yourself, our dry type fish feed pellet extruder,
the specialist in floating fish feed pellet production, is the wise
choice. It can produce high quality floating fish feeds without
steam conditioning of the raw material. The feed pellets can be
used to feed aquarium fish, carp, golden fish, tropical fish,
shrimp, bullfrog, mink and sea eel etc. This dry type floating fish
feed machine is the ideal device in small and medium size feed
processing plants and aquafarms.
Spotlights of Dry Type Fish Feed Machine
1. This fish food extruder is widely used for producing floating
feed pellets of all kinds of aquatic animal.
2. Advanced technology and humanized design ensures easy operation
and reliable performance.
3. High efficiency, low power consumption
4. Screw sleeve of this small fish food extruder adopts enchase
alloy steel strip structure, which guarantees long service life.
5. Different moulds can be chosen to make pellets with different
diameters and shapes.
6. Feed pellets diameter is 0.9-15mm.
7. Dry type fish feed extruder does not need the steam boiler, so
the dry type fish feed pellet machine is cheaper and easier to use
and operate compared with wet type pellet machine.
Materials for Floating Fish Feed Extruder
1. Raw materials can be: corn, wheat, soybean, grain, bone powder
2. Raw materials need to be grinded into less than 2mm.
3. Raw materials moisture content is around 20-25%.
Advantages of Dry Pellet Feed
●Storage: can be kept for two to three months when stored in a
covered cool dry place.
●Hygiene: expansion process can eliminate most bacteria. Low
moisture content (about 10%) can prevent bacterial growth.
●Nutrition: can be added with animal or plant protein, fish oil or
other fats, vitamin complex and minerals required by specific fish
species. It is highly nutritious and can effectively improve the
health of fish stock.
●Environmental impacts: using pellet feed of appropriate size and
density can lower the loss rate and significantly mitigate the
environmental pollution caused by the feed residues.
Correct Way to Feeding
1. Do not feed too quickly or too much. This wastes money and
pollutes fish farms.
2. Observe how fish respond to feeding and portion the feed
appropriately. Low consumption may be a sign of disease or
deteriorating water quality.
3. It is best to give frequent feeds in small quantities.
4. If using dry pellet feed, consider having an automatic feeding
machine installed to save manpower.
5. Keeping farm management record helps fish farmers to control
cost and select the right management approach. It helps to detect
potential disease outbreaks at an early stage.